Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hey everyone!

So I owe you all a big update. Sorry about that, haha! I was just... um...too busy actually going outside. (Normally I'm a super homebody)

I saw Star Trek on Thursday! I know I'm a huge slowpoke (it came out in Korea same time as the US, but I was busy doing COSPLAY EVENTS to go then) but I totally have the hots for Spock. And Kirk. And Sulu. And Scotty. And I even want to hug Chekov tenderly.
UNFFFFF THIS MOVIE. THANK YOU JJ ABRAMS. I guess we should let the man make movies. TV shows on the other hand.....>:C

So! Cosplay in Korea! There's a Seoul Comic World every month and it's closer to a NYCC or NYAF setup than a traditional American anime convention - There's the huge artist's alley, and then a gorgeous area outside where most of the cosplayers and photographers hang out. Apparently, the Comic World is described as a mini monthly Comiket, but I'm not experienced with that. (yet?)

The cosplayers are younger here too, mostly around the high school age, but it's not like I could tell, since everyone looks like they're fifteen, regardless :C I'm Renee-ajumma. (grandmother/old lady) Also, the overall quality of cosplayers are WAY BETTER than the american equivalent, but that's because a lot of them buy their costumes. Haha. Nobody cares here though, there aren't any craftsmanship competitions to defraud, so there's not the connecting drama.

I kept taking pictures of cute girls in good costumes (or anything Shugo Chara), I guess I'm a giant pervert!
Also, it was interesting that more than 50% of all the costumes there were from Kuroshitsuji. I saw maaaaaybe a couple sailor moon costumes, some korean MMOs, and one totally awesome guy dressed as like....some crazy historical warrior thing, but everything else was New Popular Anime. AKA Kuroshitwhatsnow and Macross Frontier.

Lee-san also introduced me to a ton of cosplayers and photographers and Very Important Dudes, and everyone is very nice :)

Words words words, I know you want
These pictures are from the weekend before, when I met up with Lee-san, Big Kong, Little Kong, and new friends on Saturday night!

Photobucket

Photobucket



Then on Sunday, I discovered that I had left half of Diva Foxx at home in New York, but decided to wear it anyways, because what the hell. I was wearing white booty shorts, so all the girls can guess what I got that morning! :C
And my first time at ~Seoul Comic World~

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Photobucket

These next ones are from yesterday - I met up with YongJin and Lee-san, and then another cosplayer in the City Hall area, where I totally forgot to take more pictures, except for when we went into a gorgeous park that was right in the middle of the business district. It was apparently some palace grounds back in the day! I want to be royalty and live there :C

Photobucket

And then of course we went drinking and engaged in delicious 드ㅏ치 고기, which I'm sure I just mispelled and called myself a bitch again (the perils of mispelling Hello, apparently!) but it's bbq pork. NOM NOM.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



So next weekend I'm going to go bike-riding with some teachers across um...some area of Korea, and visit temples and do an overnight stay, aaaaaaaaaand I'm really stoked for that.

Weekend after that, I'm going with ChoHi to DONGDAEMUN MARKET HAHAHA which is apparently a gigantic everything market, but also has a ton of fabrics. Do want. I think I'm going to crap out Asuka's sundress for the Wonder Festival in 3 weeks (where apparently I'm a guest and the WCS team for Korea will be picked!)
Hopefully it won't turn out like this again:
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Hell yea SBR cosplay <3
    Conventions every month? Sounds like my kind of heaven D: Sort of.

    As for that palace-ground thing, its a damn shame that you can see big houses behind it :< It looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait wait, scratch the SBR part. <_< Been reading too much Jojo, so Im mixing things up. ITS AWESOME ANYWAY.

    Damn, Im spamming the blog. Im sorry. ;_;

    By the way, I had a feeling you'd get invited to the Korean WCS-convention-something. Make sure to take the most awesome pictures ever of all the -hopefully- awesome cosplayers there. D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally I found your blog.
    I've taken some photos of you at Seoul Comic
    World held May 10. Umister as Rythm Hero(?).

    Could you let me know how I can send you the
    photos? Your email address will be helpful.

    Thanks for your nice poses.

    - Andylove

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello!:D
    i'm a colplyer in comic world in seoul ^^
    you remember me?
    i cosplayed "nana" a red jacket and black
    heart...
    and i was give you 2 candy as present haha;
    i hope you remember/o/
    and we met about 3times in that event place?
    haha;

    i just to know your blog
    because i saw your blog adress in cosplay
    site.
    and also saw your costumeplay list!
    wow that's wonderful and a lot characters!

    so, you are here for trip~? :D
    about a year? haha
    maybe you have a lot friend here too !
    i think your personality is so bright

    ah!
    my blog adress is

    blog.naver.com/sizne_s

    here. if you can't remember me,, you can
    check in there haha;

    actually i was think to talk
    "hey~! can i ask your e-mail adress??"
    maybe i want to talk with you;;?haha
    but i wasn't
    if i was, maybe i seem like strange person..
    maybe *-_-*; hehe;
    so! i'm glad i can write in your blog,:)


    bye-*
    ah! my name is hye seung
    and nickname is mising ^^

    ReplyDelete