Friday, May 8, 2009

I've been scoffing at the supposed 'Yellow Dust season' occurring right now, which is dust born particles from China, and their idiotic soil erosion problem, because China is the source of terrible things like that, but one day recently I left my computer shut, and a window open all day in my apartment while I was at work. When I got home, there was a film of dust on the lid of my precious Dell, just from the open window, just for the duration of my work day. :C

Okay, so, what's up....

I finally found the local bookstore, which naturally was underground. >_> It's called Hot Tracks, and is filled with the cutest things in the world, dear god. A whole half of the store was the Not Books section, and there were shelves of cute notebooks, and digital supplies (like stickers for my keyboard with english and korean letter, score!) and GUNDAM FIGURINES IONO.

Oh my god, the cute notebooks. I found a Mozart one, and was ready to flip my shit, but I needed just a regular lined book to write my lesson plans in, and the Mozart one was all staff paper. Actually, I found half a section with just notebooks filled with blank staff paper. Who on earth needs that much, that would shop at a normal bookstore? Am I missing a huge underground composition culture here?

I was really tempted to buy it, anyways.

Also, this evening I'm meeting with with Lee-san, the korean organizer for WCS, and going to a party(???) and Big & Little Kong are going to be there! Sonnya, I'll tell them you all say Hi. ♥

Then tomorrow is a cosplay event, so of course I'm going to go, because I am a huge fat weeaboo who probably doesn't even fit in Diva Foxx anymore because all I do is eat in this country. :C
I need to find a sewing machine and supplies stat, I think I want to cosplay from Granado Espada because I happen to be in Korea, and I'm just a bit caucasian-looking. More unusual coincidences rarely come along.


WORDS WORDS WORDS HOW ABOUT SOME PICTURES
This is the super cute notebook I bought at the Hot Tracks store. I'm retarded, and it didn't occur to me that writing in the blank page right behind the cover might actually show through, and it's already bothering me a lot. :C
Photobucket

This is my attempt at taking pictures of some of the shit I've eaten, but obviously pre-cooked rice isn't that cool. Nevertheless, can't find it in America!
Photobucket

Shrimp flavored fries! SO GOOD. Not pictured - a different bag of fries, where the only description was that they were 'Sweet and Delicious'. The verdict? FUCK YES THEY WERE.
Photobucket

Children's Day was on Tuesday, a national holiday so I got a ~Day Off~. This is a mini-carnival ride swing thingie out of the back of a truck. Found it while walking from the park on my way back to the apartment.
Photobucket

New York T_________________T
Photobucket

Buses are green in Korea! And tiny and sort of cute! And sometimes they run red lights! :C
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are helping me to reconnect with my homeland Renee. Also, remind me to take you korean food shopping when you get back.

    ReplyDelete