Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Perhaps I take a little too much joy in hunting down and killing mosquitoes in my room (or classroom, as the case most recently was) but it's rather amazing how monstrous the Korean mosquitoes are. It's not that they're all larger, or viscious (even though they're pretty brutual, just saying) but there are so many of them.
So.
Many.

Like, flies are pretty common in my neck of the woods, right? Pigeons, lots of those too. Maybe fruit flies, if you leave your bananas out too long.
Here it's all mosquitoes. A hundred times too many mosquitoes.

The ongoing saga with my apartment's lack of window screens also continues. First I complained to my school's managers for several weeks, since they're the ones leasing the apartments that all the foreign teachers live in. They've tried contacting the building managers, since I guess the landlord is AWOL, and FFFFFFFFFFFFF, the building manager is this evil, crotchety old dude who refuses to help me. I understand if you don't know english and you're intimidated, whatever, but I'm bringing you a note written in Korean, which is asking you to call my school's manager since you refuse to ever answer the phone when HE calls YOU, and your response is to stick your hand in my face, say 'No', and shut the door?

I'm sorry buddy, but that just makes me want to poop in your bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment