Monday, August 24, 2009

I had such an adorable experience on my walk home from work just now.

I had just left the restaurant where I had gotten 라보끼 to go, (I hope I spelled that correctly...) listening to HP and the Goblet of Fire on audiobook, because I am a gigantic nerd, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone trying to get my attention!

So I take off my headphones, and I'm able to turn my full attention to this guy, who's sort of awkward precious-egg-esque-cute, and he says, "Um. Uh. Telephone number, please?"

And all I can process during this adorable cross-language attempt to ask me out on a date is the fact that he has shiny, silver, braces.

Braces.

I asked him how old he was. 19. Korean 19, which means 18. I felt terrible about informing him that I was way too old for him, because it obviously took a lot of courage to randomly ask some lady on the street for her phone number, without thinking to possibly, um....introduce themselves, or try to hold any sort of conversation first. But more power to you, Precious Egg! May your next try be with someone less than 6 years older than you ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment