Friday, August 28, 2009

I love you guys. HunJae brought up the very good point that Korean age 19 could very well mean American age 17, if he hadn't had his birthday yet this year, so I'm sure you all want me to embrace my Cougar side, but I'm not ready to commit statutory rape.

Ah, American values.

I'm pretty excited about my day to come. It's Saturday morning, and I'm drinking instant coffee while trying to blink the blearyness from my eyes. By the way, instant coffee is fantastic. I was a disbeliever for the first week or so after my arrival here, but everyone drinks coffee in the form of tube wrappers filled with a tid bit of instant coffee kernels, and the rest of the room taken up by sugar.

I...I...I'm going to miss it a little bit when I come home and go back to the real stuff.

I also discovered free Korean classes on Saturdays, so I'm going to investigate this afternoon, and hopefully come away being slightly less incompetant at 한국말 than before. It's sad, I love the Korean alphabet so much because it's SO logical, but I'm starting to become aware of all the different counter-words that Korean has ajdbsdjdibakjndnasjdksafffffff


TIME FOR PICTURES

Photobucket

This is in Hongdae, my favorite area in Seoul, it's like Greenwich Village+Soho except affordable and with more karaoke.

Photobucket
Also in Hongdae!

Photobucket
Old ladies here have the most...um...confident fashion sense ever. I'm in love. Until you have to actually interact with them and they glare at you only long enough to jam an elbow in your side and push you out of their way. UGH. AJUMMAS.

Photobucket
It's hard to see, but it's frog toilet paper!

Photobucket
Back to Hongdae. Did you know, I'm a nerd!

Photobucket
My coworkers decided to go out karaoking last saturday, and after two hours of completely rocking out, everyone decided to take demure group shots. Rachel, my co-teacher is the one standing behind me in the yellow shirt. She is awesome.

Photobucket
Doesn't this look like Alanna? It totally does. I miss you so much TAT

No comments:

Post a Comment